Hello, reader! If you intend to post a link to this blog on Twitter, be aware that for utterly mysterious reasons, Twitter thinks this blog is spam, and will prevent you from linking to it. Here's a workaround: change the .com in the address to .ca. I call it the "Maple Leaf Loophole." And thanks for sharing!

Friday, July 24, 2015

Friday Favorites 5

Happy TMC, everybody! I know all the TMC-ers are busy TMC-ing right now, but it's Friday! Here we go...

John's MTBOS search engine

What a good idea. I don't know how I missed this.

Tracy's Proof Games

Here at camp there's a "Games and Strategies" class running this week, and kids keep running up to staff proposing games like "We start at zero, take turns adding 1, 2, or 3, first one to 19 loses." These are kind of addicting, is what I'm saying, and motivate and "Support Generalizing, Conjecturing, Strategy, and Proof-Like Reasoning," as the title suggests. And here are a zillion of them in one document!

I Am Not Tom Brady

Just putting this out as a public service announcement that schools that pull shit like this exist, so you can walk away quickly if you get a whiff of it in an interview. h/t Lani for the share.

Cathy's Write-up of a 17-Armed Spiral

Here's some recreational math for you, in the spirit of math camp.

Shelli's Teacher Binder

Back in the days of student-ing, my life was all about my paper organizer. I had very specific requirements and shopped and shopped until I found it. These days I'm a more scattered leaving-digital-detritus-in-my-wake kind of organizer, but this makes me think maybe it's not too late. 

Look How Pretty

The #mathphoto15 Flickr stream.