Hello, reader! If you intend to post a link to this blog on Twitter, be aware that for utterly mysterious reasons, Twitter thinks this blog is spam, and will prevent you from linking to it. Here's a workaround: change the .com in the address to .ca. I call it the "Maple Leaf Loophole." And thanks for sharing!

Sunday, November 3, 2013

I Feel Guilty about My Blogging

Hey, Internet. What's up? I miss you. 

I only write anymore when I think I have something unique and important to say. Scratch that, I think that's been my threshold for a while. But there's been lots to learn at new job. I've been less trusting of my "what's unique and interesting" radar. 

But, here's a thought. A hubristic one, but still. There aren't that many people writing real-world lessons for middle and high school and selling them on the Internet. And coordinating a research study about the effectiveness of online teacher professional development. And helping to write unit blueprints that teachers can use to give some structure to high school CCSS courses. Things that happen around me are probably unique and interesting, and maybe occasionally important. Last week I spent 2 days on the other side of a booth on a conference exhibitor floor. I taught, over email, grown-ass adults how to use the Internet. Chris taught me how airlines make decisions about overbooking flights. I still learn alot. I believe in making learning public.

So this is what's happening: a post every day this week. I've never put myself on a blogging schedule before. I need a low threshold for commitment. Five days, starting tomorrow. Posts will be up by 10 PM, and feel free to yell at me. Let's see how this goes.