Alert!

Hello, reader! If you intend to post a link to this blog on Twitter, be aware that for utterly mysterious reasons, Twitter thinks this blog is spam, and will prevent you from linking to it. Here's a workaround: change the .com in the address to .ca. I call it the "Maple Leaf Loophole." And thanks for sharing!

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Where Mah Physics Peeps At

I usually talk about vector forces by pushing desks around. You know like 2 people push in the same direction, 2 people push in opposite directions, then they push on adjacent sides and the desk moves diagonally. But then we just make up forces and do practice problems.

Would it work to get 3 bathroom scales to measure the two component forces and the resultant force at the same time? Is there an easier way to do it than trying to balance a scale against a corner of a desk?

I would ask the Physics teachers at my school but I'd have to walk all the way down two hallways and I am very, very lazy.