Hello, reader! If you intend to post a link to this blog on Twitter, be aware that for utterly mysterious reasons, Twitter thinks this blog is spam, and will prevent you from linking to it. Here's a workaround: change the .com in the address to .ca. I call it the "Maple Leaf Loophole." And thanks for sharing!

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Conversations with the Deficient in Attention

"Hi Miss Nowak."

"Oh! Hi ___. What's up?"

"What are you doing?"

"Getting ready to teach this class. How are you? How's your year going?"

"Oh fine. Hey is that a quiz? Can I try it?"

"Um,'s a Geometry quiz. Probably a little boring for you. Aren't you going to be late for 8th period?"

"Yeah maybe. Hey I like your nail polish."


"The answer to the first one is 80 degrees."

"I know."

"Remember that time in detention, when you let me sit at the big table with you to do my homework, and I started flipping through your notepad (pause for laughter) and found your (pause to laugh and catch breath) grocery list, and it said... tampons? That was hilarious."

"Good times."

"So I just stopped in to tell you I got into RIT."

"....What?! Wow! That's great! High five!"

"But if I want a hug, I should go to the English wing, right Miss Nowak?"

"That's right."

"Yeah I'm majoring in physics." (bell starts ringing) "Whoa, I better go."