This first post describes how to get the picture into the calculator. The next post will talk about transforming the picture, and using the final drawing as a start-up screen in a TI-83 or 84.
Overview: Put a drawing in the calculator, do some transformations on it, add your name, and use it as the start up screen in your calculator, like this:
Part 1: Create a Design:
- On graph paper, create a simple design that can be entirely drawn without picking up your pencil.
- You may want to trace a cookie cutter or a stencil.
- Draw axes on the paper in a sensible place, so that all your points are in Quadrant I. (x and y both positive)
Part 2: Calculator
- STAT, Edit. Clear all old data in any list. (Highlight the title of the list, and press CLEAR, Enter.)
- Enter the x-coordinates of all points in L1 and the corresponding y-coordinates in L2. Enter them in the order you want them connected.
- If the design is a closed figure, you have to enter the coordinates of the starting point again as the last point.