Hello, reader! If you intend to post a link to this blog on Twitter, be aware that for utterly mysterious reasons, Twitter thinks this blog is spam, and will prevent you from linking to it. Here's a workaround: change the .com in the address to .ca. I call it the "Maple Leaf Loophole." And thanks for sharing!

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Productive Talk

I struggle, daily, with this (somewhat internal, somewhat not) dialog. Er, monologue. "Stop talking!" "Wait, I mean talk to each other!" "But about math!" "Oh, forget it, stop talking!" Really, my students talk, quite a bit. About math. In fact, trying to squash all talking seems to promote the off-task talking. But I still have to work to make it happen. It's not always organic, per se, to my lessons.

Anyway, this made me giggle. AD was at its best when it let us gently laugh at ourselves by laughing at its flawed but lovable characters. Enjoy. (Also, I didn't know until today Hulu let you share a user-defined clip, which is rad.)