Hello, reader! If you intend to post a link to this blog on Twitter, be aware that for utterly mysterious reasons, Twitter thinks this blog is spam, and will prevent you from linking to it. Here's a workaround: change the .com in the address to .ca. I call it the "Maple Leaf Loophole." And thanks for sharing!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Fixed: Introducing Right Triangle Trig

I took a bunch of comments I got on my previous post and used them as a hatchet on my trig lesson. Pared it way down - less angles, took out tangent, made the problems easier, didn't give away the store. I suspect it's going to work much better next year. I wish I could teach it again, now. But unfortunately we have to fix the plane while we are flying it. (Maybe I can talk one of my colleagues into letting me take over their class for a

Here is the important part (links to download complete docs at the end):

Uploaded with plasq's Skitch!

Word Doc
pdf (with MathType a little smushed)

Thanks again, all my collaborators. You're the best around.